Re: T'bird does the same [Was Re: [LUG] Debian - Eng(US) v Eng(British)]

On 19/07/05, Julian Hall <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
David Johnson wrote:

>hmmm, I'm sure it never used to do that... must be a new feature with Sarge.
>Oh well. Don't forget to report it as a bug.
>
>Regards,
>David.

More of an issue is the stubbornness of Thunderbird.  I installed the UK
English patch and it still insists on spelling everything with far too
many Zs, not enough Ss and a few missing Us.  Guess which version of
English?

If I was being a smug git, I would remind you that Ubuntu doesn't do this. Are you sure Debian Original doesn't use the language pack feature that the similar Ubuntu Flavour does? This could account for language overriding.

--
~ Ben Goodger (no, NOT the Firefox developer)

~ Yes, I am 14. Boo hoo.
~ Please remember to FLOSS daily.
~ www.getfirefox.com