[LUG] Debian - Eng(US) v Eng(British)

Having completed several Debian installs I found that pernicious Eng(US)
spelling appeared almost everywhere, notably on the KDE desktop and in KDE
applications: despite setting the correct locales during installation.  Of
all the distros that I've tried Mandrake/Mandriva is about the only one which
acknowledges that the <British> selection means British.

My remedy was:

        apt-get install kde-i18-engb wbritish wbritish-large wbritish-small

Then go to KDE Control Centre - Regional and Accessability - Country/Region &
language.   Remove <US English> - Select <British English> and hey presto
<Trash> becomes <Wastebin> , <Center> becomes <Centre> etc.

/home/moan  closed

--
W.Devon