Re: [LUG] Software patent directive is history.

On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 11:43:09AM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:

> Don't compare hardware patents for physical inventions (ones that
> you can trip over / walk into) with software that is a form of
> speech.

I am aware of the distinction. I thought I'd make the point that patents
don't work very well for inventions either.
cf  http://www.researchoninnovation.org/patent.pdf

> Arguing from the physical invention stand point will only lead to confusion
> about what is and what is not a software patent.

I wasn't intending to argue anything and I don't want to cause
confusion but thanks for the exposition anyway.

Tony Sumner