[LUG] Ultra Sparc 5 seeks keyboard for hours of debian fun

Hi All,

I'm in the process of "evaluating" an old Ultra Sparc 5. Unfortunately it does not have the proprietary (9 pin) keyboard that this equipment desires. Instead there is a PC with terminal emulator which feeds through the serial port (very green screen).

I have managed to get the base install of Debian 3.0r? sparc installed on it, the only problem is that I think due to emulation problems when I typed in the root password it got mangled some how because I can't log in for all I try.

Attempting to setup a non root user during the install just lead me around and around in circles so I gave that up in the end.

Also tried a re-install but the same problem occured. However I would like to get the appropriate keyboard so that I can set it up as a workstation or maybe even use as an LTSP server.

So if anyone has a ultra sparc 5 keyboard willing to donate / sell, please let me know off list.

Tom (the older).