Re: [LUG] Kopete and gaim

On Fri, 27 May 2005 00:25:10 +0100
Martin White wrote:

Okay, thanks guys!

I'm trying to stick to a largely vanilla SUSE 9.3 install so for now i'll run
with Gaim until a kopete update becomes available via YOU.

I'm not holding my breath though - being bundled with KDE i bet it will be
forever before kopete get's upgraded through YOU :(

I didn't know MSN were up to that regularly though so at least i know now...

Martin.

Ooohhh, yeess!  MSN's protocol is tweaked with infuriating regularity.  I have not
used Kopete in quite some time, but I use GAIM tonnes.  One this that I notice that
seems to have changed in GAIM, particularly for MSN users, is the multi-account
thing.  I have 2 MSN accounts but can usually only log into 1 of them at a time.  It
will actually let me log into the other, but then the 2nd of the logins gets a bunch
of errors and promptly drops the connection.

I quite like GAIM's expandability but the addons can be a headache to install in
some instances.

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.