RE: [LUG] Whiplash

Title: RE: [LUG] Whiplash

> Anyone know a way the discover where the bottleneck ocurrs,
RAM, CPU, etc. for a given program on a PC running GNU/Linux?

If you are compiling the source, then most languages/compilers,  e.g. gcc, support a profiler.

Tools like sar (System Activity Reporter) are worth a look but give whole system performance, it is very difficult to extract performance stats for a single program.

Clive