[LUG] Kopete and gaim

Is anyone particularly familiar with either of these?

I've never been a huge fan of any IM client before but someone that i'm in a
project with like to use it so i installed kopete a while ago and i thought
it was great. I even used it for IRC a few times, although xchat is still
that champ for that one (but i digress!)

All of a sudden though a week or two ago kopete stopped being able to connect
to MSN so i installed and configured gaim. That will connect and work fine
with MSN but i'm using the same details for both clients so i was wandering
if anyone could shed any light on what may have gone wrong with kopete.

I prefer it over gaim really since i'm using kde not gnome...

Martin.