[LUG] Emprex PC380 Webcam works on FC3 ..... Sort of

The latest edition to my extended family of webcams is an Emprex PC380
bought in Dixons. It is a compact barrel shape with a reversable stand
which means that it can be hooked over the top of a laptop's LCD Screen.
Picture quality is reasonable in good daylight, not so good in
artificial light... but thats the same for all the web cams I have tried
so far.

The controller chip is sn9c102 and the image sensor is PAS202BCB. on FC
3 it doesn't work with the 2.6.11-14-FC3 kernel for some reason. The
previous 2.6.10-770-FC3 kernel however works a treat.

Gnomemeeting latest version works as follows :-

Install rpms from www.gnomemeeting.org site for FC3
Then download the pwlib-plugin-v4l2 rpm from the suse distro offerings
and install that. Yes its a fudge but one that happens to *work for me*
TM.

Assuming startup in 2.6.10-770-FC3 kernel ... just fire up gnomemeeting
and away you go.

Note that pwlib-plugin-v4l2 is marked as experimental at the moment, but
it has always been stable for me on my other sn9c102 based camera, and
looks promising for the Emprex.

PS if you where wandering about sn9c102 driver its part of 2.6.8++
kernels as standard, so no need to compile !

Tom.