Re: [LUG] Reliable News client?

Thunderbird.

Excellent news support, treats Usenet channels as email folders. I
can't say much more about it, but I suggest you try it.

On 5/2/05, Julian Hall <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All,

Suggestions please for a reliable news client.  I'm currently using Pan
0.11.2 which is absolutely diabolical.  Ever since installing it I've
had reams of disconnections from my news server and a huge increase in
incomplete posts.  I've emailed the news admin who say they have no
problems, and my email is rock solid, as is browsing, so I don't *think*
it's my actual connection.

So if the connection is good and the news server is good it must be the
news client.  Previously on Mandrake I had an earlier version of Pan
which was fine and run with hardly a glitch.  I think the new one has
"issues".

Kind regards,

Julian

~ Ben Goodger