[LUG] Time again

Right, time was drifting again when i checked just now so i'm just
uninstalled opennntpd and installed ntpd, so shall we start again :o)

I now have that program i was being asked about, it's output is:

zoon root # ntpq -p
jitter
80-28-46-78.ads 195.220.94.163   2 u   25  128    7  113.738  -624.25
328.125

Note that at this stage, i guess there may now not be a problem. Right now
the clock is correct, i need to see what happens.

Oh, i uninstalled the other one incidentally since the clock had gone out
but there was no sign of any attempted correction shown in the logs even
though it was running.

The only thing i'm not so sure about here is what i need to add where.

When installing / compiling i get told that there is now
/etc/init.d/ntpd-client for synchronising at boot time, and
/etc/init.d/ntpd for keeping the clock in sync.

That's about all it says on the subject though.

It _LOOKS_ like if i run the first, then i run the second, the second
process will take over from the first and will not create a second
instance of ntpd. Is this correct? It looks like it from the output of a
ps command.

If so then i can add the first to my "boot" runlevel and then second to my
"default" run level.

Other than that, i've left all settings as is.

The drift file is currently 0 bytes...

Martin.