Re: [LUG] Time is driving me potty!! [SOLVED]

Hi people,

Sorry for the delay coming back on this one, i've been busy installing SUSE
9.3 on my desktop, but that's another story, and maybe one for a review?

On the whole a pretty positive story mind you!

Back to the matter at hand.

The ntp.conf that i posted earlier was the entire file, not just a snippet, so
i don't have anything about a driftfile in there, or indeed a
seperate /etc/ntp directory at all.

is this bad?

I need to leave adding your servers into the config until i know how to ensure
they're not being hit more than an acceptable amount :)

Incidentally, there's no sign of an ntpq installed so i can't give any output
from it!

Anyway, time for some Zzzz's.

I'll look into this and the security thing when i get a little more time -
maybe tomorrow. According to the log the last time the box felt the need to
do anything to the time was 17:33. This looks a little odd in itself looking
at the frequency that it was putting entries in there earlier.

Martin.