Re: [LUG] Mail server setup review

Fetchmail can use encryption, IF the remote server supports it. Append
ssl to the fetchmail line. This protects your password from being sniffed
during the download phase.

If your server does NOT support SSL for POP3, change! You can't afford to
send

Apologies for the length of this...

[SNIP]

I'm taking this all in and will be looking into it just as soon as i get a
moment or 10...

The only thing that immediately sticks out is that last comment. I have no
idea if my ISP or my domain host offer me SSL on my pop3. Hopefully they do,
but if they don't it's totally unrealistic to change my domain host (along
with the 4 or 5 i host for other people / companies on the same bulk account)
and also my ISP that i use for ADSL (and therefore pop3 access to one of my
mail accounts)!!

That said, i have a gmail account and that offers SSL to pop3 so i'd be quite
surprised if the others don't :)

Oh, and i have created a pair of pgp keys so i guess i really ought to start
signing my emails too...

Martin.