[no subject]

Given that the value of the certificates seems to be to secure email
from my webhost to me, and not for any third party access. Where can I
get these certificates from? (Apart from that is paying Thawte or
Verisign or BT for them).

I have tried one other site and have been told "SSL encryption is for
rocket scientists and is not needed", which does not fill me with much
enthusiam. The site was however strongly recommended by a reliable
source and certainly the service was good and cheap.

Finally what webhost do you use that does offer this service?