Re: [LUG] HP laptops with odd synaptics touchpad behaviour

I too have a Dell laptop and i can say that the wireless worked a treat. I
_THINK_ it was working out of the box. It certainly wasn't any hassle.
That's Mandrake 10.1 on a Dell Latitude D600 (see my other post on
Mandrake though, this laptop will get SUSE 9.3 whenever i get a break in
development long enough to do the whole Oracle reinstall debarcle).

Running C/C++ development, Java development and Oracle 9i with almost no
problems (see my next post).

CPU Speed stepping was another issue altogether mind. IIRC it took me a
couple of days to get that working and the design of these things is that
if you DONT have it working and the CPU is at full frequency all the time
(1.6Ghz for me) then the fan runs full pelt all day and drives you insane.
VERY bad design i think.

Anyway, the point was that i'm assuming that if you have a mobile centrino
based laptop that has an Inel IPW2200 wireless in it then you didn't ought
to have any problems at all.

I also get no problems at all with an Atheros based DLink (madwifi
drivers), aside, of course from the fact that it's purely crap. That's not
linux's fault though, it DOES work :o)

Martin.