Re: DCGLUG planet Re: [LUG] Hello from a new member

On 4/14/05, David Johnson <dj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 14 April 2005 10:04, Aaron Trevena wrote:
Before I go - I reccomend anybody who hasn't already done so should
read up on the software patent directive at www.ffii.org and email
their MEP.

MEPs are all sending (or rather getting their assistants to send) standard
replies to such letters now - keep sending them though. In fact, I should
post the ones I've received on the wiki for people to refer to - I'll do that
when I get a chance.

I think there is something we can do about this - why not get the D&C
GLUG and Bristol and SW LUGS together with our regional MEPs and
hopefully a couple MP's - we could see if we can get the Patent Lawyer
who wants to be a Lib Dem MEP in the south east to come along as she
is briefing all Lib Dem MEP's based on the pro-software patent agenda
and UKPO lines.

If we can assemble information from our own experience as well as
compile a comprehensive  guide to the problem based on evidence from
the ffii I think we could bring them round to see sense.

A.