[LUG] Dell latitude and Mandrake quirk

I've run into a "problem" over the last few days and was wandering if
anyone might have any idea what's causing it...

Every now and again the keyboard stops working (internal keyboard, not an
external one - this thing has no PS/2 ports so i can't use my external
keyboard)

I'm assuming it's a key combination that i'm hitting because i think it's
linked into when i do a <CTRL><ALT> combination but i can't work out for
the life of me what key combination it might be or what to try to get it
back.

Very frustrating since with no keyboard there is little i can do but hit
the power button. If i use the mouse to shut it down the the shutdown
sequence causes a page fault, so something's not happy.

I actually wander whether maybe it was the built in gigabit network since
i enabled that for a few days while i was away working...

Martin.