Re: DCGLUG planet Re: [LUG] Hello from a new member

On 4/12/05, Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I would have thought the current server could be used, unless we are
furious bloggers?

Probably not - I don't think we have many fifteen year old goth
wannabes talking on livejournal about how much they relate to the
missing guitarist from the manic street preachers.

Failing that we aren't short of servers this week, indeed I suspect that
is why it has been so quiet around here.

I've been pushing live a website selling ornamental and tropical
plants for my family -- shameless plug http://www.pukkaplants.co.uk/,
naturally it's LAMP with mod_perl doing the frontend and Maypole doing
the back.

Blogs - hmm well I have an occaisonally updated one, but it has nothing
to do with GNU/Linux, so I doubt anyone but the good doctor would be
interested. That site is already syndicated via RSS;
http://info.thyroidpatients.org/index2.php?option=com_rss&no_html=1
and updated about as often as Alan Cox's diary.

Is alan still blogging in welsh?

My perl blog is at http://use.perl.org/~TeeJay/journal/ I am pretty
sure you can get an rss feed of it but I can't remember how, I also
need to add a blog to my personal site which is at
http://www.droogs.org/ but I haven't touched the site (apart from the
software projects bit) for years and need to update the whole thing.

Before I go - I reccomend anybody who hasn't already done so should
read up on the software patent directive at www.ffii.org and email
their MEP.

A.