Re: [LUG] Hello from a new member

On Tuesday 12 April 2005 22:15, Neil Williams wrote:

(Surprising what you can find out by checking the headers and your profile
in the members area!!) Nice WordPress blog too! (Link is on the Members
Pages): http://www.dcglug.org.uk/linux_adm/members.php

Yes I like the image on the blog. I've been meaning to get out onto Dartmoor
and take a few like that for my site... must get round to it one day.

I've never found time for a blog but I did like WordPress when I tried it.
I did consider it for the DCGLUG website but it was too much of a blog and
not enough of a content management system, so I stayed with the Wiki.
Bizarre logic, maybe, but it works.

Speaking of blogs, how many GLUG members actually have blogs? I wonder if it
might be worth having a "DCGLUG Planet"?
For those who don't know, a planet is essentially a site containing posts from
the blogs of all the members of a group such as a LUG or software project.
See planetkde.org for an example.
The advantage of a planet being that you can read what everyone in the group
is blogging about without having to visit each site individually.

I'd be happy to host it if people are interested, but it'd have to wait a few
months until I get my new server sorted.

Regards,
David.

--
David Johnson