Re: [LUG] defrag, win98 and linux boot loaders

Ok so if windows can't see that the reason it's taking so long is because it's not been scanned or defragged in over a year. I just want to get my Fat32 file system scanned and defragged so it more efficient

I will keep trying and perhaps wait a few more hours before stopping, lol

I thought the boot loader was on the first part of the hdd and not on any particular file system, so if it's a dual boot and the bootloader is at the start of the first partition which houses windows then it would be on a fat partition, on the other hand if the whole hdd is linux then it would be on perhaps a ext2/ext3 or whatever file system, in which case I would not need scandisk as thats part of windows.

As I said I will keep trying

Paul