Re: [LUG] Partition image / Ghost - logical volumes

Hi Grant,

Thanks for the reply - to clarify what I was asking ...I guess the real
question is whether Ghost will back up partitions which themselves contain
logical volumes maintaining the structure in the event of a full restore.

We have /boot, swap and /  mounted as separate partitions as /dev/hda1, 2
and 3 respectively and then  /dev/hda4 as the LVM  split into separate
volumes for a further seven mount points therein eg. /dev/system/home
mounted on /home, /dev/system/var mounted on /var etc.

Presumably, being that it is a block level tool, one would have to secure
the logical volume structure at the hda4 level at the highest, or perform a
complete disc copy?

Hope that explains the question a bit

Thanks

David