Re: [LUG] Re: Perl

Neil Williams wrote:

I know a bit of Perl, I'm comfortable using it in various projects and it's
a key part of one of my own projects. However, I would not consider my (8)
years of Perl as extensive or even representative of what Perl can actually
do. I wouldn't put it on my CV.

I don't put thing on my CV I merely know, which is why there is no tcl/tk,
python, lisp, motif, etc. etc. even though I can write them all. The reason
for this is that I wouldn't want to get a job and look stupid, especially
since I work for myself.

My CV has Expertise and Strengths on it, but no "Knowledge".

I suggest you get into Perl before you try and get a job using it, unless the
role is going to train you.

Steve