Re: [LUG] Re: Perl

On Tuesday 22 March 2005 08:43, Neil Williams wrote:
 However, I would not consider my (8)
years of Perl as extensive or even representative of what Perl can actually
do. I wouldn't put it on my CV.

I include how many months/years experience I have of
every skill mentioned on my cv.  Its up to employers to
decide whether I have enough for their needs.

Of course, I do have things to use it for.  Potentially.
I have many php websites, and one of them currently
uses a Perl based application called cpshop.  Whilst
I don't plan to edit that since it works fine, and edits
would be lost in upgrades anyway, it means I know my
web host supports Perl scripting.

I may find that some things I want to do with these
websites can be better done with Perl with php.  I
don't know for sure, but I won't know unless I look
into it.  Certainly it may give me options I don't
currently have.

Anton