Re: [LUG] Linux & AMD 64

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 22:28:05 +0000
Steve Ellis wrote:

Hello

Thanks for the info Grant sorry I need my hand held on this on as well.

When I run the downloaded file as per nvidia's instructions I get the
following errors. How can I find out what my '--kernel-source-path'
is?

Ok, it's having a slight problem finding your kernel sources.  In actual fact, you
can get away with just using the kernel headers, but that's an aside.  If you
install the kernel source package that corresponds with the kernel you're actually
running, then it *should* work OK.  If after you've installed the kernel source
package it still comes back with the same error, then find out where the kernel
sources were installed to and then point the nvidia installer in the right direction:
./install --kernel-source-path=/usr/src/kernel-source-2.x.x

Just as a note: the Debian kernel source package (and, it would seem, the Ubuntu
ones too) doesn't extract the file.  It installs a .tar.bz2/gz file into /usr/src,
but it doesn't extract it.  If this is the case with Mepis then you'll obviously
need to extract the file first.

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.