[LUG] Root Raid, LVM and a fresh debian install

Hi guys,

Some advise please, about to install new server to replace ageing and full old
server. Going to use raid 1 but I am wondering how to set this up under
debian. I am going to install testing from net install cd.

I have also been tempted by LVM but this adds more complication to the
process.

It appears that the debian installer doesn't support install root raid?. So
does this mean I have to create two identical partitions (on two different
disks), install debian on one, set the other up as a degraded raid array,
copy the install over, reboot from degraded array and then set the original
partition up as the rest of the raid 1 array and sync up the arrays?

I believe this will sort out raid 1 but what about LVM on top of raid1. Do I
follow the same steps and then set up LVM on my degraded array before I copy
the install over then when the raid syncs  I have LVM on raid on both sides?

Is LVM worth the hassle and is putting it on top of (root) raid-1 OK or am I
in for more trouble than it is worth?

Many thanks

--
Robin Cornelius