Re: Re: [LUG] Linux & AMD 64

Steve Ellis wrote:

I have been trying to install Linux on my AMD64 PC for a few weeks now
& not have been very successful. I have been trying the 64 & 32 Bit
versions.

I was wondering if others were having similar issues with AMD64's & Linux

I got Mandrake 10.1 dual-booting on a similarly spec'ed machine (AMD64 3200) with
little trouble, all the problems were thrown up configuring the system to work with
the (AOpen IIRC) 6800GT video card. I have had no trouble booting Mepis or Knoppix
on it.

I would like to add that the Mandrake installer resized the windows partition so
efficiently it was unremarkable, but that might cause some of the more pedantic
listers to spontaneously combust, so I won't.