Re: [LUG] Missing psaux device!

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Grant Sewell wrote:

I have recently discovered that I am missing the /dev/psaux device on my laptop. This doesn't usually affect me since I use a usb mouse most of the time, and that works fine. However, on the odd occasion that I do want to use the touchpad, it's not there.

What distro / kernel are you running? A quick look around a couple of my
systems would indicate that under 2.6 kernels you don't get a /dev/psaux, but a /dev/input/mice.

gpm seems to be running like this on fc3:
4444 ?        Ss     0:00 gpm -m /dev/input/mice -t imps2