Re: [LUG] Meeting in Lostwithiel

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:01:09 +0000, Neil Williams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 24 February 2005 6:37 pm, Ben Goodger wrote:
Hi,

As you may be aware, I am planning to collaborate on hosting a meeting
in Lostwithiel on a Saturday this March.

I can only make the 19th but I can make evenings or a Sunday more easily. Does
it have to be a Saturday?

Unfortunately I'm not generally available on Sundays.

I have not yet conferred with
regards to venue availability as of yet, so I don't know when it'll be
for certain.

What kind of meeting would you like to host? Any specific topics or
requirements?

General tips of meetings:
1. An internet connection is always useful but not mandatory.

It seems very doubtful we'll get one.

2. Power socket availability is important - it's best to avoid running an
entire GLUG meeting from a single 13amp wall socket!

I'm not sure about this.

3. Refreshments are important - some people may be travelling a considerable
distance or coming from work (yes, even on a Saturday).

Refreshments are available from the bar in the community centre.

4. Use the Wiki to create a calendar event from the Meetings page once you
have a definite date.
5. Keep everyone updated via the mailing list and describe everything you
would like to happen at the meeting.

--
Ben Goodger