Re: [LUG] Updating Red Hat 9

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Chycor Ltd wrote:

We have recently purchased a dedicated web server which runs Red Hat 9 (not enterprise version) and configure it in terms of apache and mysql through the Webmin Control Panel interface.

Does anyone have any experience or can offer guidance in how to keep this server up to date in terms of general linux security fixes, patches, kernel updates etc in order to ensure that our server is not compromised due to known security exploits that may exist.

You'll be wanting theF Fedora Legacy project (http://www.fedoralegacy.org/). They provide updates for old Red Hat Linux releases (7.3 and 9) and the Fedora Core release that have been legacied by the main Fedora Core project (at the moment only Fedora Core 1).

Alex.