[LUG] Mandrake 10.1 Unstable

Hi All,

No it's not a new distribution, regrettably. What it is appears to be Mandrake emulating Windows quite successfully in its' ability to fail to boot for no apparent reason. Symptom is quite simply random 'kernel panic'messages on boot, random inasmuch as their timing cannot be predicted, but they always reference 'Interrupt Hander not syncing' and the system locks up requiring a hardware reset. Any ideas what could cause that?

Would this be a good time to try Debian, as I have a nasty feeling a reinstall is going to be the fix anyway? If trying Debian IS a good idea, what pre-emptive steps should I take beforehand?

Kind regards,

Julian