Re: [LUG] a GIMP problem

Tony Sumner wrote:

How do I get the colour exchange function to switch on?

Hi Tony,

Is this TheGIMP 1.x or 2? In both (I just checked :) ) you could use the "select contiguous regions" (otherwise known as magic marker in other packages) feature to select the black areas, fill them with white, then choose the reverse selection and fill that with green.

Possibly using an intermediate colour you could do

black on white - start
blue on white - changed the black
blue on green - changed the white
white on green - changed the blue

Failing that, you could do one operation on two copies of the original and then combine them in layers.

The intermediate colour idea is a bit around the houses but in practical terms is quite fast.

Kind regards,

Julian