OT broadband speed / restirctions [Was Re: [LUG] BT Broadband speedincrease]

Grant Sewell wrote:

Prodigynet.co.uk 2Mb line uncapped - £37.99 / month
Prodigynet.co.uk 2Mb line with 2Gb allowance - £14.99 / month

Grant.

I think the *real* point here is more basic. I have a 1.5Mb ntl: cable connection. ntl: have a 1Gb per day bandwidth restriction. I bump my head on this regularly after 1.5 hours. Therefore I am paying for an *always* on connection that I am not allowed to use for 22.5 hours a day. Granted 8 of those I am asleep, but that still leaves 14.5 hours.

So the real question is "Why pay for a faster connection than your ISP allows you to use?"

1Mb spread over 24 hours is 99420bits/sec. 97Kbits/sec. The slowest cable connection is 128Kbits/sec.

See my point?

Prodigy being uncapped is very good news!

Kind regards,

Julian