Re: [LUG] Netgear WG511T & Madwifi

Hi All,

Latest news is I have now downloaded the latest tar.bz2, run 'make' and 'make install' without errors.

Question regarding the modules it created:

In /lib/modules I jave two subdirectories: 2.6.8.1-10mdk and 2.6.8.1-10mdkcustom

The latter has a 'net' folder with the .ko files that the installer just created. The first thing the README says to do after running 'make install' is to type 'modprobe ath_pci'. This returns 'FATAL: Module ath_pci not found'.

The requisite files are in the 2.6.8.1-10mdkcustom/net folder. Can I just move the files from there into the 2.6.8.1-10mdk/net folder, reboot and then try a modprobe?

I'm asking *before* I try to avoid any more unpleasant visits from Mr Cockup again this week :)

Kind regards,

Julian