Re: [LUG] Epson Stylus Photo R200

Julian Hall wrote:
Hi Rob,

Apologies for the off-list email.  Maybe you and I should compare notes, as
we both seem to have the same issue :)  I'll let you know how I get on with
following Neil and Robin's advice with the gimp-print installation :)  BTW
I'm using MDK 10.0.  What distro do you have?

Kind regards,

Julian

Hi Julian,

I'm currently using Suse 9.2 64-bit. Since I mainly use the printer for printing DVDs and CDs I have it attached to a Windows 2000 PC and I print from Linux using samba.

When I have a few minutes, probably tomorrow, I'll try the printer with gimp-print assuming I can find a 64-bit compiled RPM. Always seems to be the problem with this PC, I can find 32-bit RPM's fine, but when it comes to 64-bit, there doesn't seem to be exactly what I'm looking for pre-compiled some of the time.

Took me long enough to manage to backup DVDs without Windows :-) I managed it with a combination of dvdbackup (have source-code around here somewhere), DVD Shrink 3 (running on Crossover office trial) and growisofs.

Rob