Re: [LUG] Epson Stylus Photo R200

On Sunday 06 February 2005 1:10 pm, Julian Hall wrote:
tar xvjf gimp-print-5.0.0-beta2.tar.bz2  is the command I used.

To a FAT32 partition? Depends on the tarball, from the sounds of it, you'd be
better off unpacking the tarball to a genuine GNU/Linux filesystem and then
copying the resulting files.

That's why it's a tar.bz2 NOT a .zip!

As root I get a raft of errors saying it cannot change ownership and
then it stops saying "halted delayed due to too many errors".

It's not something stupid, like the fact that I am unpacking it to the
location I downloaded it to is it? (which is a FAT32 partition

Yes, it probably is.

so that I
can dl in Windows or Linux and still see all the files... also if Linux
goes belly up I won't have lost all my downloaded files).

?? Haven't you got that the wrong way around? Linux doesn't go belly up -
that's a Windows thingie.

--

Neil Williams