Re: [LUG] Linux Laptop

On Thursday 27 Jan 2005 09:25, Brough, Tom wrote:
One of my brothers is looking to get himself
a laptop, mainly for word processing, and so
I suggested he get a linux one.  He is interested.

So, I remember seeing something about this
on the list recently.....

If you want a laptop without operating system then you could look at the
novatech site. They will sell you a laptop without operating system.
Quality and compatibility are unknown as I am still "thinking" about buying
one (which really means I cant aford it :-(  ). I think I got the
suggestion from this mail group not long ago, so don't credit me for
suggesting it ( or come pounding on my door if it don't work).

It may well have been me suggesting them :-)
Their laptops are great value for money as you're not paying for Windows and
even the internal modem will work under Linux.

I've had several laptops from them and never had any cause to return one;
unlike my current Dell laptop (thought I'd spend extra on a known brand for a
change) which has so far been returned twice in the last 6 months.

Regards,
David.

--
David Johnson