Re: [LUG] Linux Laptop

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 12:36:33AM +0000, Grant Sewell wrote:

(I've heard some stories of cards not being recognised on boot if
they're already present... weird).

I got a used Dell Latitude C600 from http://www.itdealers.co.uk and
this comes with no OS installed, just a few DOS programs so that you
can read a CD. I did a Debian net install and it worked fine, screen
resolution 1024x768, KDE ok, ethernet ok.  Didn't test the modem. What
didn't work was the wireless PCMCIA adapter ('no such device') but
otherwise nice machine. Grant's remark above may be a clue.

Tony Sumner