RE: [LUG] Linux Laptop

One of my brothers is looking to get himself
a laptop, mainly for word processing, and so
I suggested he get a linux one.  He is interested.

So, I remember seeing something about this
on the list recently.....

If you want a laptop without operating system then you could look at the
novatech site. They will sell you a laptop without operating system. Quality
and compatibility are unknown as I am still "thinking" about buying one
(which really means I cant aford it :-(  ). I think I got the suggestion
from this mail group not long ago, so don't credit me for suggesting it ( or
come pounding on my door if it don't work).  Should your brother decide to
"risk it"  please let us know how it goes.

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/home.html

Tom.