Re: pcflank.com was [LUG] Transplanting hard drives

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:13:34 +0000
Theo P. Zourzouvillys wrote:

On Wednesday 26 January 2005 14:02, Grant Sewell wrote:
This is true. ?Can you tell me if the headers are maintained when the
archives are compiled and put on the website for *everyone* to see?

no they are not.

Please, if you are going to give "security" advice, make sure it's correct and
valid advice explained in full.  i'm more than fed up with having to
re-explain things to people because they've been told some random crap by
someone who either doesn't understand fully, or didn't explain something
properly.

Theo, I'm sorry if my lack of complete explanation offends you.  I was under the
impression that phrases like "bearing in mind that it is archived and publicly
visible" were pretty self explanatory.

David, I apologise if my explanation was lacking or misleading.  I *hope* you didn't
consider it to be "random crap".

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.