Re: pcflank.com was [LUG] Transplanting hard drives

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 12:22:56 +0000
Theo P. Zourzouvillys wrote:

On Monday 24 January 2005 18:19, Grant Sewell wrote:
You really shouldn't put your Internet-visible IP address on a list quite
so blatantly.

Why not, when your IP is in the Recieved header of your post anyway?

Security through obscurity is NOT the answer.

This is true.  Can you tell me if the headers are maintained when the archives are
compiled and put on the website for *everyone* to see?

You may want to bear in mind the sentence that immediately followed it...

Not everyone that has access to this mailing list (bearing in mind that it is
archived and publicly visible) will have scruples.

I did not say that anyone on the list was scruple-less, I said that not everyone
that has *access* to it.  This includes people reading/scanning through the archives.

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.