Re: [LUG] Problems with Fedora 3 and Java (j2sbk)

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:39:22 +0000
PL-J wrote:

Hi

I recently updated to Fedora 3 and am now having problems with my Java
installation.  Before I start giving a verbose description with lots of
cutting and pasting I thought I would ask if any one has had a similar
problem.

Basically when I try and run Java I am told that Fedora has disabled it for my
own good.  (Very Microsoftish!).  By explicitly pointing to my java bin
directory I can get simple programs to run. (Or in fact by altering the order
in which they appear in my path).

However if I try and run a complex program which for instance uses the serial
port it all (now) goes tits up.

I am reluctant to start altering that which I do not understand, and also do
not want to wast this groups time unless someone has had the same experience.

Thanks

Peter L-J

Is this a JRE that comes with Fedora, or is this Sun's JRE?

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.