Re: [LUG] fstab and mounting ntfs partitions from debian...

On Sunday 23 January 2005 12:23, Julian Hall wrote:
Anton Channing wrote:
"fstab" E212: Can't open file for writing

Hi Anton,

Are you trying to edit it as a user or as root?  I've run into this if I
try to edit fstab as a user not root.

I could've sworn I was in a root terminal.  But I've
just gone in and tried again and it worked fine this
time.  So maybe I wasn't... :D

...if I wasn't I must have made the same mistake
several times, because I rebooted several times
before I eventually gave up and posted here. :/

Now to reboot and see if those changes work...

Anton