[LUG] fstab and mounting ntfs partitions from debian...

Hmmm, I'm not sure if I've got my self in a bit
of a pickle here or not.  Basically, I've been trying
to figure out how to mount my windows XP partitions
from within debian.  I managed to do that as root
and put some lines into fstab to get this to happen
on boot up.

My problem is that:
a) They were not quite the right lines.  Only root can
access the windows partitions.
b) According to this page:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/history/275741
I should replace my current lines:

/dev/hda1       /mnt/win        nfs     noauto,ro,users      0       2
/dev/hda5       /mnt/wind       nfs     noauto,ro,users      0       2

with:

/dev/hda1       /mnt/win        nfs     ro,users,umask=022      0       2
/dev/hda5       /mnt/wind       nfs     ro,users,umask=022      0       2

c) However, when I use the root terminal to try and
edit fstab, it won't let me, saying the file is now read only.
If I use the ! option in vi to force the change, it still
won't do it, giving me this error:

"fstab" E212: Can't open file for writing

Can anyone help me out here?

Anton