Re: [LUG] Nearly a Linux User Again...

Simon Waters wrote:

achanning@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

| (I've opted for woody for now

Woody is okay - but the installer in testing is much easier.

Sarge - the testing release is due to become stable "some time in 2005"
last time I asked...

Hmm, should I abandon my download of woody to make it
easier on myself?  Or should I continue with a trial by fire
approach...

Anyway if you get past the Woody installer, it is very easy to upgrade to testing.

Then I shall continue along the path I have chosen. Besides, I've got a feeling the experience will do me good...

Just most people end up at testing (or brave unstable) for desktops these days it may be less pain to install sarge with the newer installer.

Hmm, well, I'll probably upgrade at some point soon then. But having
done woody will be a valuable experience I think. Now I think I've
just configured thunderbird to be text only. It worked when I tested
it to myself, so I hope it doesn't screw up and send HTML to this of
all lists... (my first post was through the web interface, so I knew it would
be safe.

Anton