Re: [LUG] Using a joystick/gamepad as the X pointer?

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 16:09:58 +0000
Grant Sewell wrote:

Here's what I've got so far:

Lots of places suggest using "xf86Jstk.so", but as far as I can tell this is only
applicable for XF3.3.  I have, however, found a file here:
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input/js_x_drv.o

Now, there is also a kbd_drv.o and a mouse_drv.o... so I'm guessing that if I
remove the "_drv.o" I will have the driver name for use in XF4.x config files?

So, I now have...

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Joystick"
        Driver          "js_x"
        Option          "Device" "/dev/input/js0"
        Option          "CorePointer"
# I tweaked these next parts from someone else's XF3.3 file I found with Google.
        Option          "TimeOut" "10"
        Option          "MinimumXPosition" "0"
        Option          "MaximumXPosition" "1599"
        Option          "MinimumYPosition" "0"
        Option          "MaximumYPosition" "1199"
        Option          "CenterX" "800"
        Option          "CenterY" "600"
        Option          "Delta" "20"
EndSection

Guess what!  I read through the man page-type docs on XFree's site.  js_x_drv.o
*isn't* for joystick support at all!
"This driver supports the KB-Gear JamStudio pentablet."
Damn!  I thought I was onto something there!

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.