Re: [LUG] Scanner sites?

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:31:22 +0000
Julian Hall wrote:

Grant Sewell wrote:

I have managed to hunt down the docs for 1 of them, but the other 3 elude me.

Epson:
http://support.epson.ru/upload/library_file/11/scanner_linux.pdf (it is
in English - honest)

Couldn't find anything on the Black Widow (after waiting ten minutes for
www.blackwidow.co.uk to open! :))

Kind regards,

Julian

Cheers Julian.  I might have a look at that Scan! programme later, but I'm quite
happy with xsane at the moment.

Oh, the BW is a royal pain!  The company went bust quite a while ago (I think).
Devcom have a "Black Widow 4830Pro" scanner, but that too appears to be a parallel
scanner.

I've decided to stick with the Epson and AGFA, but I'm not sure of the scanning
resolution of the Epson.  Certainly the AGFA *weighs* more - indeed it feels like a
solid scanner, rather than feeling like it's going to break if you sneeze near it as
the Epson does - and it seems to take a good while longer to scan something (even
preview scanning) than the Epson, but I'm not sure that this is an indicator that
the Epson is "higher quality" than the AGFA.

Thanks.

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.