[LUG] Samba XP vs 98

Hi

Which version of windows works best with Samba, just spent 5 hours installing windows XP, updating windows and at least 1/2 an hour of that was just typing in the license code nonsense. Could not find the one that worked, for some reason I had copied it down wrong and had to find another copy, (don't have this problem with Linux)

Anyway it seems I have finally got the ezmovie maker thing installed so I just need a way to be able to save any files created on my main computer tried networking from XP to 98 and it does not like a set up where all computers connect to the net via a hub as it says its difficult to share files that way. (98 never had a problem), anyway it did something on XP so I am trying to at least get XP to talk to 98 with network sharing,

Any recomendations

Once I can get this working I will go back to trying to set up samba.

Paul