Remote collaboration tools was: [LUG] hardware: webcams(information)

On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 21:23, Adrian Midgley wrote:
On Friday 17 December 2004 14:03, Brough, Tom wrote:

Its a shame because NetMeeting has this already I would like to see
gnomemeeting going from being a good tool for video conferencing to being a
very good tool for colaborative remote working. My "Big Idea" for the
comming year is to get a school in country A linked up with a school in
country B using where ever possible GNU/Linux tools. Time will tell.

rat and vic and so on are quite effective, and using a machine sharing its
desktop with VNC is not incredible...

Not entirely sure what the licensing implications are on this. I know
that UCL & Exeter Uni where developing / using these at one time. I
think development has stopped / stalled and there's no support for V4L2
so its days are numbered (well vic anyway).

Relate was a good attempt to bring the tools together into a single
interface.

I hate to admit it but netmeeting has a neat layout, and supports all
the T120 / T126 etc. protocols relating to remote collaboration tools /
protocols.

As these are ITU prescribed standard protocols and ITU is an
internationally recognised body its a shame to see that the OpenT120
project seems to have stalled / vanished of the face of the earth. If
only I had the skills to pick up the project.

Tom.