Re: [LUG] SiS 7012 Sound Controller

David,

Thanks, I'm downloading the iso for Knoppix live now.

David Johnson wrote:

I suggest you try a Linux live CD like Knoppix or similar and see if you get
any sound out of that. That would rule out any configuration issue in your
distro.

Regards,
David.

Grant,

Thanks, tried this but no joy at all. I looked in the /dev/stderr file and there were a lot of warnings about broken pipes asociated with the sound driver modules. I'll try Knoppix and see what happens.

Grant Sewell wrote:
Ok, have you tried dropping to a low(er) run-level (I would just drop down to run-level 1); removing all the modules associated with sound; modprobing just the single module you think you need (passing any parameters you need, like io and irq); then brining it back to your preferred run-level (RL 5, perhaps)?

Never had this before, I'm afraid.  The only time something like this has happened to me it turned out that I actually hadn't plugged in the speakers, but since sound is working in XP I'm guessing this isn't the cause of your problem :D

Regards

Chris