Re: [LUG] Yahoo Messenger on Mandrake 10

On Sunday 12 December 2004 18:56, Julian Hall wrote:
Hi All,

Trying to install Yahoo Messenger on MDK10.0.

Reason is simple.  Kopete refuses point blank to accept my Yahoo
password (although it logs me in fine to ICQ which none of my friends
use anymore!).  I know for a fact I am supplying the correct password as
it works in Windows' Yahoo Messenger, therefore Kopete is at fault.

What version of kde/kopete are you using, yahoo has a habit of changing
protocol and it breaks older versions. I am happly running kopete 0.91 with
yahoo. On a 2nd front are you firewalled, yahoo is on TCP 6623 if i recall so
if that can't get through then it will look like you can't log in.

--

Robin Cornelius
robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx