Re: [LUG] MS / OpenOffice question.

On Thursday 09 December 2004 18:45, Neil Williams wrote:

Rubbish. Re-examine your assumptions. XML is a superb format for data
exchange, simply because it can be anything you need.

It is easy to convert - but that's the crucial point - it still NEEDS to be
converted at times.

Read my XML tutorial at codehelp and set yourself straight on your faulty
assumptions.

Obviously as you've probably gathered I just made assumptions that if one
program saved in xml then another would be able to open it.
I'll have a good read of your site, hopefully it'll import a bit more 'clue'
in me :)

Completely as a side issue, if Mike Andrews happens to read this in an

the list. Thank god for procmail and /dev/null.

Enough of that. Do this off list by asking a friend to communicate with
someone who has blocked your emails - rightly or wrongly.

Now who do I know the knows him ? perhaps someone on this list ?
Receiving an email from his mail system everytime I post to the list is a
pita.
I don't know him (at least I don't think I do), I've never sent an email to
him, and I got no idea if anyone I know knows him. But since the subject
message his system sent back was the one I sent to the list, I'm hoping that
it's someone on the list ;) or that someone on the list knows him - perhaps
they could ask him to just allow emails addressed to the list in.
Personally I'm not bothered if he wants to block emails written by me - that's
his right after all to choose who's emails he reads and whose he doesn't. I
just don't really want to receive an email back everytime I post to the list.

Jon